In Hungary special writing tools are sold, but you can make one yourself.
1. A little copper tube of about 2-2.5 cm long. You can use a small piece of thin copper sheet(some craft stores sell this).
2. Roll it on a thick and long needle.
3. Take a piece of stick the size of a pencil, cut in one end and insert the tube in the gap so that they make the shape of "T".
4. Fasten the tube with a piece of thread.
5. When writing the patterns with this tool first hold it in the warm wax for a couple of seconds so that the tube can get warm enough.
6. When you take it out of the wax, knock it gently to the edge of the pot to remove the unnecessary wax off or you will have dots and spots on your egg where you did not plan to.