2. Find the Ukrainian Pysanky motifs that you like most. The UGS books were excellent for this.
3. Photocopy each motif in the book, and then photocopy enlargements of it, for at least three different sizes.
4. Use a large, or jumbo size permanent Sharpie marker to trace over the Xerox copies-I used only 3 colors.
5. Notice the raindeer in the photo above, it is traced in two sizes. Click on my photo to see it larger.
6. I have been using this tablecloth for at least five years and it is still usable, and I have had many compliments on it.
7. If you are doing a talk or demonstration, it is useful for discussing how the ethnic motifs and their meanings are used in pysanky writing.